Friday, January 10, 2014

Crazy day!

Seriously it was nutty, lol. I was up late working on my picture last night, watching Friends and such...having a good old time, the usual :P Anyways, around 2ish I figured I needed to sleep. The hospice people were going to be here at 9am and I figured I needed to be awake and conscious for it. So I got a nice sleeping pill (much nicer than the one the night before which kept me groggy allll day yesterday, blech) and went to bed. Quite a nice sleep actually! I got to sleep a little more horizontally which was very exciting, lol.

Right, so I figured I'd have plenty of rest before meeting the hospice people and then hanging out longer while waiting for my surgery.

Well that didn't work out, pfft XD Around 6:30 they came in and said 'they'll be picking you up for your procedure in a few minutes!'

So I'm reeling and trying to wake up and figure out what's happening and still half asleep and sheesh! Meanwhile, the nurses came in and helped me change into a hospital gown and plopped me back down into bed...and the people to pick me up were already there. I had just enough time to text my mom and let her know what was happening before I was being wheeled away. it was totally nuts o.O

But seriously, I wish they'd stop springing surgeries on me. The last one was supposed to be at 5pm and they moved it up to 1, and they did it again! I mean I'm glad they got me in so quickly, I really am! I just wish they'd warn me. I'd planned on showering before my surgery and such, and I didn't get the chance to do anything but rush around and get nervous!

But...anyways, the surgery went well. I now have a tube in my insides and a nice big slit up the front of my belly which makes doing much of anything difficult. I'm very sore and need to use the bed to st up and lay down, doing it on my own is torture >.< But I can walk just fine once I'm on my feet, which is quite lovely. I like not being stuck in bed constantly, and I really wanna walk off the extra water that's making my ankles swell from the IV fluid over the last few days... I don't like my legs being all fat and gross, even though I'm anything but pretty these days ^^;

And thanks to the tube, I'm able to start working my way up with food again! Nothing big of course, it's not a large tube and can still get clogged very easily. So I'm still eating mostly jello and popsicles and and stuff. But today for dinner I got to get vanilla pudding and tomato soup! Yummiest soup ever oh my god, I'm sooo happy I get flavor. Every time I doze off I end up dreaming of food these days. I swear I was sorta chewing on my own tongue during a nap earlier, dreaming of...oh man, I don't even remember what I was dreaming of o.O

Rofl, but in any case, that'll change tomorrow! I get to go home tomorrow and sleep in my own bed (well not really, it's in one of the adjustable beds and isn't really mine) and my own room (except not really since i've been moved to the guest room upstairs) and have my own space (except not really cuz there's gonna be a tv and a bunch of game stuff in my room so I can hang out with people even if I can't get out of bed).

So...alright, i'm not going back to a nice normal life, but I knew that wasn't very likely to ever happen again ^^;

Oh! I did get a lovely visit from Kim today! And she Roy Jo (the greatest professor i've ever had for those of you who don't know :P) have this awesome project idea for me and my art, a way to sort of leave a little something behind for the world and maybe do some good! I'm not gonna share too much yet, not until I have more details, but I'm really really excited about it :D :D

And I do have a few other visits from friends lined up, so that's exciting too! Though I do want to remind people that there's no pressure for you to try and come visit me. Really, it's alright and I don't want you to feel badly for any reason. It's very last minute and expensive and I don't want anyone to feel bad if a visit doesn't work out, alright? So don't feel bad, that's an order :P

Hmm...I think that's it for today's update... Mostly the rest of my dad has been watching Treehouse Masters. It's a show on Animal Planet (of all channels) that's literally about building epic treehouses. Seriously. RIGHT up my alley. I rather adore it, lol. Aside from that Brian came by to visit again today, and we played a couple games of Sorry! XD I won both games, muahahaha >:D I kicked their butts at Uno last night too! In four or five games I only earned a total of like 14 points while my dad had over a hundred. I figure the universe feels badly for all this cancer business, so it's letting me win games, lol.

Alright, I do think that covers the day. A bit rambly this evening, I'm just kinda wandering around wherever this evening apparently. Most of my stuff here so far has been basic updates, so yeah... I'll likely post more personal stuff once i'm home and have time again. When I'm here I don't get on my laptop most of the day cuz my parents are generally around and I hate leaving them hanging. It'll be so nice to be hooome man... When I can just go back to having my laptop open all the time again, doodling constantly, time to mysel to write whatever I feel like... I'm excited XD

Oh! Dude! I just realized that my dad left his laptop here tonight...meaning I can work on art on mine and at the same time, play shows on his laptop! Oh this is epic, last night I squished the Paint Tool SAI window so that I could watch Friends in a teeny box in the corner, making it difficult to see either very well. This is gonna be great!

But first, bathroom break, set up dad's laptop, and then if I have the energy, a little walk down the hall. Tis the plan. Woot!

Alrighty folks, chat with you later :)
~Alie

6 comments:

  1. Great to see you're feeling happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you so upbeat. Keep looking for the positives! Much love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a productive day!
    By the way, do you have a skype?(you can tell me on DA if you want) Because i thought itd be faster to chat there!
    -drawing-fanatic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy you're enjoying yourself! Good luck with your art project, sounds like it'll be a fantastic way of spending your time. There'll be such a vacuum in time and space where your art used to be though...no one can fill your shoes, no one could ever replicate the magic and heart put into your artwork. :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaagh, I'm so curious about this new project! You big tease. =P Have you finished watching all of Castle now? Ooh, and just to let you know I'm mailing your pressie off on Monday, but I also sent another mini package off to you which should arrive sooner (I saw it on Etsy and had to get it for you haha). Lurve!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know it's not a fitting comment to this post, but I think you're very brave. If I were in your situation, I don't think I would handle it so well as you do, and I wanna give you credit for that :) I'm glad you're doing okay - well, that's how it appears at least - and I pray for you to get better. I don't care if it's unlikely, I still do it.

    - Cloe, one of your biggest fans

    ReplyDelete