Saturday, January 18, 2014

Alie is a sloooowpoke. Whoops!

Yeah I really need to post more updates than this. It's been five days now! More frequent updates of shorter length would be much easier than this ^^; So I'll di my best to catch you up on what's happened, but I'll also try and keep it shorter if I can. Most of it is boring stuff anyways XD And...honestly, I'm sure I've forgotten most of the details by now ^^;

So on the evening of the 13th, my hospice nurse Melissa stopped by for a visit, and we upped my pain meds a little. Not by much, but it was sooo amazingly worth it. I was pressing the bolus (the button you press for extra pain meds when you need them) a little too often for my taste.

The 14th was a sleeepy day for the most part. I couldn't manage to get to sleep, so I'd wake up every few hours. At 4am I just gave in and took the half hour trip down to the kitchen to get myself food and back up to my room to watch Netflix, lol. I just sorta dozed on and off all day, not really resting, but not really being able to stay awake either. It was incredibly frustrating, I didn't get almost anything done >.<

Oh, I did get my birthday gift from Eve that day! A squishy Anna doll who is the cutest thing! I took a picture, here XD
The 15th I woke up relatively early again. I simply couldn't sleep past 8:30ish. After all the napping the day before though, I had a lot more energy and we actually did stuff! Also my mom made the yummiest hot chocolate in the world, adding half and half for richness and protein because I can use it, lol. And added extra sugar and ovaltine to hide the protein flavor. Sooo yummy and a great breakfast!

Let's see, lots happened that day! Melissa stopped by to change out my med pack, and we had some moving dudes come by. They did the heavy lifting on the really awkward stuff we were rearranging between the basement and upstairs. So I have one of the single-hide-a-bed couches in my room upstairs now. Partly cuz it's more comfortable than the other one, so Brian is more willing to chill up here with me, lol. But also so that there's a bed in here just in case of a bad night and my mom decides to stay with me. Brian inherited my full size bed and his old twin went to my old basement bedroom, where Colin is now living ^^ I'm glad of it. Not only is it fun to have Colin around more often, the more the merrier, but Brian isn't on his own in the basement. Oh, and my dining table is set up on the landing outside of my room, so for a short move to a change of scenery I can hang out there instead. We can also play games and eat there on days when going downstairs is just too hard ^^

I got a gorgeous bouquet of flowers from the Anthropology department from my old college! A lovely mix of flowers and colors that I love! Minette ordered it and used my art as the inspiration for it! I always knew she was my favorite of my anth professors XD I only had her almost every semester for years though, so I'm only a little biased :P But I took this picture the day I got it! I should take another now, it's bloomed and gotten even prettier since!

That afternoon I went out to Panara for linner with Kim and Roy Jo, two of my other favorite people from my university! It was a blast to see them as always, but it was also a bit of a business meeting for a lovely new project :D I'll post more info about said project at the bottom of this entry, so if you're bored, you can skip down there =P

The 16th was a tad on the busy side again! I did post a teeny update on tumblr though, so I'm just gonna copy and paste this from there XD

So that anxiety pill thingie did seem to help me sleep, though since I didn’t take it until i went to bed at 4 this morning, that didn’t end up being terribly helpful, lol. But I had my normal bizarre dreams back, and I did sleep in and slept properly, which was very nice! I think they might have also unraveled me a little emotionally too, but it’s hard to tell with me these days. The strangest little things will get me all emotional and upset ^^;

But my mom and I went to get our hair trimmed around noon. I got to get my hair washed that way, which is a little easier there at the salon than my mom doing it here in the bathtub where it’s hard to lean back. I also had Alison wax my eyebrows right away, since they desperately needed it ad it makes me feel a little better about myself as my looks these days are pretty rough and ragged >.<

We went by World Market (where I used to work) to pick up my check, but it looks like it’s already in the mail. And got the info for W2s so I can do taxes. Oh boy? I know it needs to be done but bleeech. Grossness.

After that I was pooped. Came home, made my way slowly step by step back into bed, and crashed for a while. Brian is playing Bioshock in here, but it’s amazing how much dozing I can do even in the insane crazinness, lol.

We had  Red Robin for dinner that night :D This way, since they’re bringing the food home, I get to “eat and spit” while they eat, and I won’t make them feel bad for eating in front of me at the restaurant and then me being stuck with cold food by the time we get home ^^ It works out quite nicely!

And I did finally manage to get some art stuff done that evening, and Brian and I hung out while he played games until like...4am, lol.

The 17th was epicly awesome! I didn't sleep a ton the night before but it didn't seem to matter XD I got to finally FINALLY meet Erika, an online friend i've had for years! It made everything worth it! I admit, the day didn't go entirely according to plan... we were gonna wander the mall and drive Gaden of the Gods and do fun things, lol.

Yeah that didn't happen ^^ All that fluid build up in my middle likes to really explode within a single day or two, so I was really uncomfortable all the earl afternoon we were hanging out... I mean it still worked out, since we just sat around chatting anyways, but it was less than ideal. We got Taco Bell for lunch (a bowl of pintos and cheese for me!) and was delicious. (dang it now I want some...)

The hospice doctor came by for his visit as well, so I finally got to meet him! He's...wonderfully insane, rofl. He's really funny and really willing to do anything he can to help. Like...we mentioned doing another drain of the fluid build up, but even when I was in the hospital, i'd often have to wait until the next day. He just made a few calls and got me in within the hour o.O It was nuts!

So Erika got to come with me to the hospital, rofl. At least it was a very unique visit, she'll never forget it =P And it wasn't all that bad. I get really freaked out over these drains, but they upped my pain meds like crazy and really did everything they could aside from flat out knocking me out to make sure I was able to stay calm and comfortable. Seriously...the bolus of my meds is usually .5mg every 15 minutes. They upped it 1mg every 5 minutes o.O So I was nervous, but they got out almost all the liquid and I felt soo much better after XD And my mom and Erika got to wander the hospital for an hour of adventures. They dropped off some prints of my work to the nurses where I was staying last week, and saw Spiderman :P

So then we went home ^^ I had some leftover tomato soup for supper and got some lovely things in the mail! Um... oh, yes, we played Betrayal of Haunted House on the Hill with myself, Brian, Colin, Erika, and my parents all playing XD It was soo much fun! Crazy and insane (too many chiefs, not enough indians) but a blast. The basic plot of this playthrough was my mom (playing the creepy little girl with the teddy bear) ended up being the bad guy, using a book to summon some evil demon lord guy, and killing us all off one by one. And honestly...we beat her! With a crap ton of luck, rofl. I was the only survivor, picking up the book and destroying it! It was brutal, but really cool, lol.

After that Erika and I hung out upstairs, looking (and dismaying) over bad quality Disney dolls, looking through the Art of Tangled book, and eventually watching Beauty ad the Briefcase ^^ It was fun too, though we were both so sleepy I think it made it only more entertaining, lol.

And finally, today, the 18th. Erika's flight left early this morning, so I basically woke up enough to give her a giant hug goodbye, but I was too worn to take her back to the airport sadly. It was a short visit, and I do wish we could have hung out more than one day, but it was entirely worth it <3

I actually slept too! Like...proper sleep! No sleeping pills, but I think I was just worn out enough for it. I napped may way to almost noon before I really sat up and started waking up.

It wasn't a comfortable day though...that always happens after the drain. It's like...my insides suddenly have room to shift back into place, but they're not sure they want to? So I'm just sorta stuck feeling weird all day. Less than fun, but I'm hoping it'll be better tomorrow ^^

My aunt and uncle arrived from Texas this afternoon. My mom had started her new Disney puzzle before she left to get them, I ended up finishing the last three edges before se even got back. Then my dad came to hang out with me on the landing and started working on it as well, while I brought out my laptop and doodled. Brian came upstars after dropping off Colin at work and was playing some games on his phone.

Just a random quiet little moment...but a favorite of mine. I just really liked spending time together like that, even if we're not talking a whole lot or anything. I like those moments so much :)

Mummy then arrived with the relatives and they all came upstairs to join us! There wasn't quite enough chairs, even when Brian left to play a game downstairs, but we all mushed in and hung out there for a while. it was nice too, just chilling up there! My aunt was so excited because she got to watch me doodling, lol. She also started helping on the puzzle while my uncle got to meet the various pets. We ended up deciding to order from Texas Roadhouse for supper! YUM. If we do that again, I'm SO getting a steak. No one got any steak, so I didn't even get to steal a bite from someone to just chew on...nuts. But I had some delicious mashed potatoes and a bit of my mom's pulled pork, and their amazing sweet bread and cinnamon butter. Oh man I'm making myself hungry again, lol.

After that we played a whole bunch of Uno. I lost, rofl. More points than anyone XD And now i'm upstairs with Brian who is playing Bioshock again!

And I finally think i'm done. Sheesh this is LONG I am so sorry >.< I'm definitely going to try and do daily updates from now on to avoid the walls of text. If you made it through, congratulations and hugs and digital cookies to you!!

~Alie

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

MY LEGACY

So I mentioned a project up a bit higher, and here's the scoop. I'm making an art book! A book of my art, where all proceeds will go to a research charity of some sort! it's going to be soooo amazing and i'm really excited :D

Here's a ton more info if you're interested: http://whisperwings.deviantart.com/journal/My-Legacy-427463590

The same offer goes to you guys! If there's any pieces in my art gallery there on dA that you want included, please do let me know! Here, on facebook, there on dA, on tumblr...wherever ^^

But for now, i'm shutting up XD

3 comments:

  1. It's lovely to hear updates from you :) I'm glad you're doing well :) I hope you have a lovely day :*

    the sun is shining here in Ireland for you :)

    Ginga-Ninga1994 (Aileen Corcoran)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the updates. It's always good to hear what's going on when I'm stuck so far away.
    Have fun with uncle Dan and aunt Sharon while you're there. Ask her about the $10 jello; she loves that story (not really)...although it's funnier when uncle Dan tells it. ;-)
    Stay well! Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this really touched my heart! God bless you!! :)

    ReplyDelete